Division of Pharmacy Professional Development
The Division of Pharmacy Professional Development (DPPD) is located at the University of Mississippi Medical Center campus.
Vision: To be the recognized leader that catalyzes professionals to drive practice advancement in Mississippi and beyond.
Mission: The mission of the Division of Pharmacy Professional Development is to develop professionals to:
- Identify and meet each patient’s unique medication-related needs
- Promote wellness and healthy lifestyle behaviors
- Ensure that medications are used appropriately
- Fully participate as essential members of interprofessional patient care teams
- Implement sustainable, value-based financial models
- Serve as effective preceptors
We will accomplish this by:
- Offering cutting edge educational programs through a variety of innovative delivery mechanisms
- Successfully integrating professional development across the University of Mississippi campuses (Oxford and Jackson), the State, and beyond
- Continually enhancing and strengthening the value of our offerings
- Building on our relationships with preceptors and alumni
- Establishing partnerships, collaborations, and strategic alliances